There are several benefits of website page speed optimization. Fast sites rank better in search engines. Google has specifically stated that one of their ranking factors is site performance, especially for mobile users. Speed optimization reduces server load. A fast website increases conversions. Fast page loads make happy customers, and happy customers buy more.
To improve page speed in mobile, please follow below very easy steps before make website live.
- Optimize images: Reduce the size of extra large images for mobile. Average size of mobile web page is 2.5 mb.
- Implement rel=”noopener” after the <a href target=”_blank” > so it will become
<a href="pageurl" target="_blank" rel="noopener" >.
- If your site is using iframe then please put the iframe title too, before the link. like –
<iframe title = "iframe title" src ="iframe-url" >
- Make sure that your critical and major scripts (css and JS) already implement “Async” or “Defer” tag like below
<script src="https://sitename/public/js/custom.js" defer> </script>
- Check your website lighthouse report, If you find any issue related to color or contrast ratio, then press
ctrl+shift+Jthen click on that particular problematic text and then left side – go to color option under elements, select above 2.2 contrast ratio for 14 or 16px character, copy that color code and implement in that text code.
- If your website contain any third party link (like – YouTube, Facebook), then please reduce network payload time, by adding below rules in head section
<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="https://www.youtube.com">
<link rel="preconnect" href="https://www.youtube.com">
<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com">
<link rel="preconnect" href="https://fonts.googleapis.com">